I am very excited to finally kick off the QUIET Online Book Club. The first meeting will be tonight/tomorrow (depending on when you’re reading this post), Tuesday August 16, from 8 to 9 p.m. EST, on my Facebook page. Even if you can’t join in then, discussion will continue throughout the evening and into the following day.
As you know, we’ll be chatting about Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson. Gilead is a tale of three generations, from the Civil War to the twentieth century: a story of fathers and sons and the spiritual battles that still rage at America’s heart. I loved the book, and will kick off the evening with several questions I’d like to open up for discussion. I look forward to your thoughts and your own questions to discuss as well!
Here are instructions for joining the QUIET book club discussion of Gilead by Marilynne Robinson:
When: Tuesday August 16, 8-9pm, EST (continuing into the next day)
Where: In a Discussion Thread on Susan Cain’s Official Facebook Page.
If you are already a Facebook Member:
·Login to Facebook and go to Susan Cain’s Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorSusanCain
· If you don’t already “Like” Susan’s page, be sure to do so to take part in the discussion.
· Once you’ve “LIKED” the page, click on the “Discussions” tab under Susan’s profile image.
· On the “Discussions” page, you will see the discussion started by Susan Cain for Gilead.
· Join the conversation! Post a response to something someone’s already said, or share your own thought or question with the group.
· Remember to refresh your page every once in a while to see all new posts.
· The conversation will stay live forever, so if you don’t get a chance to chat with the group between 8-9pm EST, you’ll be able to check in later and share your thoughts.
If you are not already on Facebook:
· Visit Facebook.com.
· Create a free Profile.
· If you think you’d rather keep a lower profile on Facebook, no need to add a user image. You can also customize your privacy settings, using the “Privacy Preferences” tab under the “Account Settings” tab, found on the upper right-hand page of your profile.
· Once you have a Facebook profile, follow the steps above to join the chat.
I’m really looking forward to chatting with you tonight! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for setting this up, Susan. Unfortunately, I have to work tonight. But I look forward to more opportunities. Enjoy the discussion!