QUIET, the Movie, is Coming Soon!

cinema QUIET, the Movie, is Coming Soon!Hi everyone, I’m excited to report that we just finished shooting a one-minute movie about QUIET.

The whole project was spearheaded by my awesome publisher, Crown Publishing. (Crown is ridiculously devoted to the cause of QUIET: The Book, and to the Quiet Revolution in general, and I’m grateful to be working with them.)

When Crown first approached me about the idea of a book trailer, of course my first idea was to shoot something conceptual and abstract where I wouldn’t have to, um, appear onscreen.

No, said the team at Crown, we want *you* in the movie.

Then we had a back-and-forth that involved a few rounds of “Me?” “Yes, you.”

OK, I finally said. Because, you know, I’ll stand in any spotlight for the sake of the Quiet Revolution. I’m already doing a ton of public speaking. Why not movie-making?

And you know what, it was actually really fun. We shot at three locations: Grand Central Station, Times Square, and my friend Mark Colodny’s apartment.

The trailer won’t be out for a few weeks, but here are some photos from the shoot.

Here I am in Grand Central Station, with Kevin Hackenberg, the (extremely tall) owner of Get-Kinetic, and maestro of the film shoot:

Quiet Susan Cain Film Shoot 012 300x225 QUIET, the Movie, is Coming Soon!

And here I am in Times Square. It was about thirty degrees outside, and I was doing my best to act un-frozen.Quiet Susan Cain Film Shoot 032 Copy 22 225x300 QUIET, the Movie, is Coming Soon!Here is the entire crew on location at Mark’s loft:Quiet Susan Cain Film Shoot 033 300x225 QUIET, the Movie, is Coming Soon!
And this is Julie Cepler, marketing whiz from Crown (and former ballerina). Julie’s presence at the shoot was invaluable, because she has a great sense of humor and shared, or at least humored, my sense of the absurdity of life in the Age of the Camera Lens.plain chair apt photo 1 224x300 QUIET, the Movie, is Coming Soon!
I’ll let you know when the movie is out!

For now, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans, and everyone else please enjoy your Thursday.

share this QUIET, the Movie, is Coming Soon!

1. Jane on 23.11.2011 at 16:20 (Reply)

This is totally awesome! You guys are having a blast! Can’t wait to see the finished product.

2. Barb Markway on 23.11.2011 at 20:00 (Reply)

You look amazing! I have to ask, though, it looks like you only have one boot on in one of the pictures :) Can’t wait to see the trailer. And I’m jealous people in other countries like Germany are already getting to read your book. Happy Thanksgiving!

3. Susan Cain on 24.11.2011 at 11:31 (Reply)

Thx! That is very funny about the boot. I was definitely wearing a full pair, but somehow you can’t tell in the photo.

Happy Thxgiving!

4. Brittany on 27.11.2011 at 21:57 (Reply)

Aww I love the pictures, especially the one in Times Square! Can’t wait to see you onscreen!!! :D Glad it’s been fun!

5. Uwe Hesse on 30.11.2011 at 10:52 (Reply)

Thank you very much, Susan, for taking this effort! The video may help me in advertising your great book, probably. Looking forward to it!

6. Susan Cain on 30.11.2011 at 10:55 (Reply)

Thx everyone!

7. Kristen on 04.11.2012 at 12:33 (Reply)

That is great news! I adored your book and have told everyone I know to read it. I also wrote about it in a blog post on our local patch will hopefully have more people talking about how our schools are set up (and your book!): http://redmond.patch.com/blog_posts/schools.
    Thank you for the inspiration and validation~ keep up the good work!

8. Erin on 20.02.2013 at 12:25 (Reply)

Susan, I’m just finishing your book and thought, “Wouldn’t it be great to see a full feature length documentary version of this?!” (alla “An Inconvenient Truth” or “Freakonomics.”) Then extroverts would watch it, too!

9. Katya on 12.11.2013 at 12:30 (Reply)

Hi Susan!

Thank you for you work!

I absolutely agree that Quiet Revolution is about social rights.
    It is always assumed that if you are a quiet one you are a follower. Someone from the other side ( energetic extrovert ) will try to lead you, to show you the way and to demand, in some cases, your reaction immediately .

I totally support Erin’s idea about full length documentary. It is a must to spread the Quiet Revolution here and abroad.

Best,