MAILING LIST SUBSCRIPTION:     

Forum

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Topic: Concerning it's magnitude
IndraG
 Forum
Concerning it's magnitude
on: Jun 18, 2012, 7:24pm

I wanted to share the thought that just like with the problem of Global Warming where we have overshot our CO2 emission's and now need to almost totally reduce them just to stabilize the total concentration, we'll need a quiet revolution that is more than just stopping the trend. A dominating introvert culture could give the people the time to 'replenish', just like the plants need an extra cut in CO2 to regrow. In such an environment the ones that we're out of comfort-zone before would have the time to refind their strengths. With such an extra strong revolution we might approach a state in which one no longer advocates a precautionary principle for planetary protection but an action-ary principle, which I think would be a good sign to tell something about the point in which a form of balance (and global sanity?) is achieved.

rhyden77
Re: Concerning it's magnitude
on: Jun 24, 2012, 1:01pm

Would be nice to form a group of Introverts whose power, together, can tackle problems that seem unsolvable.

I own a small construction company in Tulsa, OK. I write poetry and music on the side. Just waiting for the right agent or publisher to come along. I would love to get paid for what I love most. Writing can be enriching, but can also be a burden if taken too seriously. I lost family and friends because of my extreme passion for writing. I may have neglected my responsibility to them and for that I apologize. I do not regret any of the songs or poetry that I was inspired to write. Hopefully, someday, my works can bail me out and all will be forgiven.

Pages: [1]
WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 1.7.4 ; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.

share this Forum
Quiet: The Book

- Wall Street Journal

News Flash!
Quiet is now an
Amazon.com
Barnes & Noble
and Indie Next
Best Books of the
Month pick!
Join Our Book Club

Sign up today and stay up-to-date with reading selections chosen specifically for our readers.

Sign-Up Here!

Manifesto

1. There’s a word for “people who are in their heads too much”: thinkers.

2. Our culture rightly admires risk-takers, but we need our “heed-takers” more than ever.

3. Solitude is a catalyst for innovation.

Read More

Join the Quiet Revolution
Susan on Twitter
  • @HefferonJoe thank you-- Just read and absolutely loved your lacrosse story.
  • @brainpicker Thank you! I love your site.
  • @KatheMazur I am so lucky they chose you to read QUIET! Thank you, Kathe.
Susan on Facebook

Categories