MAILING LIST SUBSCRIPTION:     

Forum

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Topic: Excellent book!
max
 Forum
Excellent book!
on: Jan 11, 2013, 2:24pm

Hi everyone, I am halfway through the book and I'm so grateful to be reading this! I am a shy introvert who struggles daily to "keep up" with our extrovert-dominant society. I have always compared myself to those around me and have felt like I was flawed in some way and never fit in. I've tried to be extroverted myself but it is just too exhausting! I'm now working on accepting myself the way I am and focusing on the positives of being this way. I feel an urgency to do this as I have 3 young boys to raise who I think may all be introverts! I want to teach them to feel proud of this and not ashamed or broken in any way as I have. I also teach Kindergarten at the moment and have decided to apply to teach something else since realizing the importance of truly caring for myself and giving myself "down-time" as often as I can. Teaching 25 4 and 5 year olds while parenting 3 of my own is way too stimulating for me! I also struggle to extend myself out to others in the way of forming friendships. I have 2 close friends both extroverts) and other aquaintences. Deep down I really do feel "alone" a lot but alone is what I always yearn for.

Pages: [1]
WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 1.7.4 ; Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

share this Forum
Quiet: The Book

- Wall Street Journal

News Flash!
Bill Gates names "The Power of Introverts" one of his all-time favorite TED Talks.

Thanks for Voting!

QUIET has been voted the best nonfiction book of 2012
by Goodreads.com

Join Our Book Club

Sign up today and stay up-to-date with reading selections chosen specifically for our readers.

Sign-Up Here!

Manifesto

1. There’s a word for “people who are in their heads too much”: thinkers.

2. Our culture rightly admires risk-takers, but we need our “heed-takers” more than ever.

3. Solitude is a catalyst for innovation.

Read More

Join the Quiet Revolution
Susan on Twitter
  • @CasperReaves Thanks for the feedback, Casper! I'm glad you enjoyed #QUIET.
  • @AineSays Wow, thanks Áine!
  • RT @ElmhurstCollege: Don't miss author @susancain on 2/17 at Elmhurst College speak about Power of Introverts! http://t.co/ypgELGKE Get ...
Susan on Facebook

Categories