TV / Media Appearances by Susan
- Live Wire Radio
Interview with Susan Cain (Full Episode Link)
- Conversations with Great Minds
Introverts vs. Extroverts Part 2
- Huffpost Live: “Unplug and Recharge”
Interview with Arianna Huffington and Mika Brzezinski, August 13, 2012
- Harvard Business Review
Podcast Interview, July 19, 2012
- Coaching for Leaders
Interview, July 6, 2012
- George Stroumboulopoulos Show
Interview, June 6, 2012
- Intrepid Group Radio Show
Podcast, May 23. 2012
- Bloomberg Law
Podcast, May 16, 2012
- The Barry Moltz Radio Show
Live Interview, Episode #181
- Unity Online Radio
Live Interview, Tues April 10th, 2012
Susan’s Interview with Robert Wright
- Huffington Post
Arianna Huffington and Susan Cain on the Power of Introverts
- Good Books Radio
Audio Interview from April 5th
- CTV News
Interview: Loud Society Fails to Capitalize on Introverts
- The Dylan Ratigan Show
MSNBC video discussion of introversion
- The Leonard Lopate Show
Audio inteview on WNYC New York
- CBS Author Talk
Video and a partial transcript of my interview with Jeff Glor about Quiet.
- CBS This Morning - Rise of the Introverts
Video of my round table discussion about introversion on CBS This Morning.
- NPR - Quiet, Please: Unleashing ‘The Power of Introverts’
Audio and a transcript of highlights from my NPR interview.
- Forbes.com - So Begins a Quiet Revolution of the 50 Percent:
Video interview with transcript.
- TechCrunch TV - Keen on… Susan Cain: The Power of Intoverts
My interview with TechCruch’s Andrew Keen.
- Office Hours – Audio of my hour-long radio interview with the Great Dan Pink. Dan is extremely smart and charming, and I was ‘specially impressed by the attentiveness he showed to the people who dialed in to ask questions.
- WHYY Radio Times – Online audio of my one hour interview from Friday, February 10th.
- WCPN “The Sound of Ideas” in Cleveland. Online audio interview.
- “The Joy Cardin Show” from Wisconsin Public Radio. Online audio interview.
- TheCommentary.ca - Audio Interview / Podcast
- The Introvert Entrepreneur - Audio Interview / Podcast
Articles by Susan
- Help Shy Kids – Don’t Punish Them
The Atlantic, February 12, 2013
- 12 Months of Reading
Wall Street Journal, December 14, 2012
- Must Great Leaders Be Gregarious?
NY Times, September 15, 2002
- Why Gadgets Are Great For Introverts
- Time.com, August 16, 2012
- An Introvert Steps Out
NY Times, April 27, 2012
- How to Survive in an Open Offiice
Bloomberg Businessweek, April 12, 2012
- The Rise of the New Groupthink
NY Times, January 13, 2012
- Shyness: Evolutionary Tactic?
NY Times, June 25, 2011
- Don’t Call Introverted Children “Shy”
Time.com, January 26, 2012
- Secrets of a Super Successful Introvert: How to (Quietly) Get Your Way
‘O’ Magazine, February 2012
Articles about QUIET: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
- The New Yorker – Five Key TED Talks
- The New Yorker – Listen and Learn
- Time Magazine – The Upside of Being an Introvert (and Why Extroverts are Overrated)
- Fortune Magazine – Why Silence is Golden: The Weekly Read
A look at introverts in the workplace and a review of Quiet.
- Scientific American - The Power of Introverts: A Manifesto for Quiet Brilliance
A review of Quiet and an interview with Gareth Cook about the fallacy of “groupwork”.
- USA Today - Time for Introverts to Get Some Appreciation
A Review of Quiet by USA Today’s Sharon Jayson including an introversion quiz.
- Toronto Globe and Mail - Giving Introverts Permission to be Themselves
Article describing Quiet.
- People Magazine - Pics and Pans: Books
3.5 out of 4 star book review.
- Washington Post - Parenting an Introvert in an Extrovert’s World
A review of Quiet in the ‘On Parenting’ blog by Janice D’Arcy.
- MediaBistro.com – Galleycat Reviews
A short review of Quiet based on its review at #3 on IndieBound’s Hardcover Nonfiction list.
- Buffalo News – Amid the Noise, and Argument for Quiet and Turning Inward
A wonderful review of Quiet by Charity Vogel
- Courier-Journal - Another wonderful review of Quiet.
- Ladies Home Journal – Ladies’ Lounge
Transcript of my Q&A session and a review of Quiet
- Shelf Awareness - Book Review
- Reuters - Give us Some Space, and Respect, Proud Introvert Argues.
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer – Susan Cain’s ‘Quiet’ Makes Some Noise in Defense of Introverts
A look at Quiet by reviewer Matthew Tiffany
- Metro NY – Why it’s OK to be an Introvert
- American Bar Association: Former Wall Street Lawyer Stands up for Introverts, Offers Job Advice.
- 1-800-CEO-Reads: A (Quiet) Room of One’s Own.
- Neon Tommy: Book Review: “Quiet” Intrigues Introverts and Extroverts Alike.
- The Princeton Alumni Weekly: Book Review.
- Spirituality and Practice: Another review of Quiet.
- Tom Farr’s Faith and Spirituality Blog - My Thoughts on Susan Cain’s Groundbreaking Book
- Anchorage Daily News: Introverts don’t need spotlight to shine
- Gizmodo: Why You Never Hear About World-Altering Inventions Created by Committee.
- The Atlantic - How TED Makes Ideas Smaller
- The Journal Times - In What Light There Is: The Power of QUIET
- Cosmic Log on MSNBC.com - Deep Thinkers Take Center Stage
- Cool Hunting - Link About It: This Week’s Picks
- The Guardian - TED 2012: The Final Countdown
- Boing Boing - TED 2012: Susan Cain: The Power of Introverts
- Wired News - TED and Meta TED: On Scene Musings from the Wonderdome
- The Bellingham Herald - Quiet Power: Introverts Can Capitalize on Their Inner Strengths and Feel Good About It
- Popsop.com - Sshh Branding: The Quiet Revolution
- TheNextWeb.com - Why the World Needs to Start Embracing Introverts
- Forbes.com - Lessons from Dad and Jeremy Lin
- Jezebel.com - How to Set Boundaries with People you Love
- Vancouver Sun - Hate Networking? Introvert Business Leaders as Good or Better than Extroverts
- Knoxville News Sentinel - Introverts Living in an Extrovert’s World
- The Asian Age - Why Introverts are Quiet Winners
- CNN - Introverts Run the World — Quietly
- The New York Times - In New Office Designs, Room to Roam and to Think
- The Daily Mail (UK) - From Barack Obama to JK Rowling, How Introverts Have Much More to Offer than Meets The Ear.
- Wired News - Clive Thompson on the Power of Introversion
- The Guardian (UK) - Book Review of QUIET
- co.Design - Innovation Is About Arguing, Not Brainstorming. Here’s How To Argue Productively
- Flip the Media - The New Groupthink: Does the Hive Mind Work Offline?
- Daily Mail - Revenge of the Introverts: It’s Often Assumed Extroverts do Best in Life, but a New Book Reveals Quite the Opposite…
- Brightmove - Should You Hire an Extrovert or an Introvert
- Daily News and Analysis - Myth of ‘Extroverts Doing Best in Life’ Busted
- CBC Radio - Subtler Ways (Audio)
- TVO - The Agenda with Steve Paikin: Agenda Insight: My Quiet Revolution
- More.ca - Book Review: Quiet: The Power of Introverts
- Barron’s - In Praise of Introverts and Depressives
- YourChoice - The Pulse Reviews (PDF Format)
- CivilSociety.co.uk - Leading With a Different Perspective – The Power of Quiet
- Knowledge @ Wharton -‘Restorative Niches’: Author Susan Cain on the Need for ‘Quiet’
- Business News Daily - The Power of Introverts: You Don’t Need to Shout to be Heard
- Business News Daily - Are You an Introvert or an Extrovert: Here’s How to Tell
- Joseph’s Reviews - There’s a Kind of Hush
- Patheos.com - Quiet Eastertide
- Lake County Record Bee - On the Spectrum: Part of the Quiet Revolution
- Guardian.co.uk - Dear Jeremy — Your Work Issues Solved
- ScienceNews.org - Book Review
- WBEZ.org - Shhhh… Don’t Underestimate the Quiet Girl in the Room
- Slate.com - Susan Cain: The Plight of the Introvert
- The Diane Rehm Show - Shyness and Social Anxiety
- Forbes.com - Defying Conventional Wisdom to Create an Unfair Advantage
- The Daily Caller – I’m Not a Jerk, Just an Introvert
- Metapsychology Online Reviews - Book Review of QUIET
- HRReporter.com - Facebook Hiring Input from Another Perspective
- The Atlantic - Is Facebook Just for Extroverts?
- Pittsburghlive.com - The Introspection of Introverts: Those Who Choose a Quieter Path are Not Alone
- TheWeek.co.uk - Memo to Simon Cowell: 50% of Britons Really Do Have Talent
- The Advocate - Link Quiet with Quality of Life
- Fast Company - Faces of Innovation (PDF Format)
- CurledUp.com - Book Review of QUIET
- Business Insider - One Big Management Mistake Nearly Every Company is Making
- Financial Post - Is Your Company Neglecting the Power of Introverts
- Student Operated Press - Be Quiet! A Quiet Revolution
- Chicago Tribune - Conventional Wisdom often Dead Wrong
- Foster’s Daily Democrat - Music Hall Loft presents coast-to-coast best-seller Susan Cain
- The Guardian UK - Seen But Not Heard: The Introverts in our Classrooms
- Giga Om - Is Remote Work Bad for Introverts?
- Inside Higher Ed - Clamorous Praise for ‘Quiet’
- Business Standard - Why It’s OK to Be an Introvert
- Greatist.com - Why It’s OK to Be Quiet (Interview)
- The Inquisitive Mind - Being Introverted Should Not Be a Shame
- Daily Finance - Is This Leadership Style Wrecking Your Investments?
- Chicago Tribute - Psychology Today
- Telegraph.co.uk - We Need to Fix Britain’s Character Flaws
- Greatist.com - Wallflowers: When is it OK to be Shy?
- Business 2 Community - Be Quiet – And Listen to Yourself and Others
- Red Lemon Club – Why It’s OK to be Introverted, and an Interview with Writer Susan Cain
- Psych Central - Q&A With Susan Cain
- Vancouver Sun – Lower Self-Confidence Leads to More Business Success
- Simple Life Strategies – 5 Introvert Habits for Success
- WGBH – A Summer Book List
- Harvard Law Bulletin – Selected Alumni Authors
- Bowling Green Daily News – ‘Quiet’ Suggests Introverts are Undervalued by Society
- Greater Good – The Benefits of Introversion
- SeattlePI.com – Book Review
- SmartPlanet.com – Q&A: Author Susan Cain on ‘The Power of Introverts’ in Business and Beyond
- Forbes – You Don’t Have To Be Loud To Lead
- Slate – How Can I Help My Introverted Daughter?
- Hartford Business Journal – Introverts, Hannibal Have Lessons for Us.
- MakeItBetter.net – Susan Cain on Parenting an Introvert
- Fast Company - Susan Cain Helped Introverts Find Their Voice; Now, She’ll Teach Them To Embrace Public Speaking
- NPR Books – “New in Paperback”, “Parenting”, and “Nonfiction”
- Educational Leadership – Book Review
- The Today Show – Holiday Reads: David Baldacci and Gillian Flynn Pick Favorites
- Chadds Ford Live – Mind Matters: Introverts and Extroverts
- Harper’s Bazaar- What We’re Reading Now: Winter Edition
- Waterbook Publishing Group – Q&A With Susan Cain
- Oregon Live – Susan Cain, ‘Quiet’ Author, talk about parenting and introverts.
- SpinEDU.com – Teachers, Group Work is Overrated
- NEA Today - Author of ‘Quiet’ Talks About How to Engage Introverts in the Classroom
- USA Today – The Idea File: Insights on Management
- Business Insider – America Needs to Move Beyond It’s “Extrovert Ideal”
- Business Insider – How to Prepare an Amazing TED Talk in One Week.
- Crosscut.com – Susan Cain’s Quiet Revolution
- Forbes.com – Evolution of Capitalism: Jerks or Saints?
- Mail Online (UK) – The Big Noise in the Quiet Revolution, Why Introversion is In: Susan Cain on Her Bestseller About Keeping Life on the Lowdown
- Spin Education – Quiet: Susan Cain on Introverted Students
- MPR News – Author Speaks Up For the Intoverts Among Us
- WealthManagement.com – The Introvert in the Office
- The Daily Beast – Susan Cain: How I Write
- The New Zealand Herald – Why We Should Listen to Introverts
- Retailing Insight Magazine – Introvert / Extrovert: Unleash Your Personality Superpowers and Thrive in Business. (PDF)
- Huffington Post – How to Parent an Introverted Child
- Los Altos Town Crier – ‘Quiet’ Explores Personality Traits of Introverts
- Mortgage Strategy – Media Spotlight: Quiet by Susan Cain
- Fast Company – Remaking Open Offices So Introverts Don’t Hate Them